LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE
HOUR ONE – right click to download
HOUR TWO – right click to download
In Dr. Carolyn Dean’s experience, mild to moderate cases of hypertension, elevated cholesterol and high blood sugar are lifestyle conditions that are not being addressed by drug intervention. In fact, the opposite may be true.
In listening to the reports of our customers and potential clients over the last several years there is a disturbing trend that is emerging. We’ve even heard similar stories in our daily lives – from cab drivers and everyday folks who are being treated for heart disease with no relief.
Here’s the scenario:
1. You experience a tremendously stressful event or series of events in your life. Here’s a partial list: surgery, a death in the family, divorce, job loss, sickness of a child, foreclosure, hospitalization or even running a marathon!
2. As a result, you experience headaches, insomnia, achiness in your body and exhaustion.
3. You visit your doctor for reassurance that you don’t have something wrong. But you’re nervous on top of your stress so your blood pressure is elevated. It’s called “the white coat syndrome.”
4. Your HMO doctor is an hour behind schedule and doesn’t have time to ask about your stress levels or find out that you haven’t slept well or eaten a decent meal in three weeks.
5. Instead he/she tells you that your blood pressure is elevated but a prescription for a diuretic will take care of everything.
6. There is no time for questions or to talk about a diet or an exercise program for your 20-pound weight gain. You rationalize that your doctor would have told you about these things if he felt they would work, so you fill the prescription.
7. A month later you come back, feeling even worse, and in spite of the medication, your blood pressure is higher. Your doctor remarks that he must have caught your blood pressure just in time and prescribes a calcium channel-blocking drug.
8. Now you’re getting really worried but your doctor tells you this is the best treatment for your condition.
9. Two months later you come back for blood tests to check your liver (in case of drug side effects) and you’re shocked when your doctor tells you that now your cholesterol is elevated and your blood sugar is high.
10. Suddenly you are on two more medications. A statin drug for cholesterol and a drug for diabetes.
11. Another three months and your muscles are aching, your libido is non-existent, and you still have the original symptoms you came to the doctor with: headaches, insomnia, achiness in your body and exhaustion.
This pattern is repeated over and over in the average doctor’s office. Not all doctors will respond this way but far too many do.
What’s wrong with this picture? Nothing, according to the standard practice of medicine. Even though the American Medical Association (AMA) says stress-related illness and symptoms account for 60 to 90 percent of doctor visits most symptoms are still treated with drugs. Even though the former head of the CDC, Dr. Julie Gerberding, in a 2004 JAMA paper showed that tobacco and lifestyle are the major causes of disease, it seems few doctors are listening.
Here at RnA ReSet we see a different side to the problem. By recognizing magnesium deficiency as as playing a role in the development of high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol and blood sugar for some. Yet, the diuretic drugs you take to treat high blood pressure flush out magnesium. But we are only warned about losing potassium.
We recommend magnesium, not drugs, should be a treatment option. Of course, some people need drugs; those who have severe symptoms. But there is a whole population of people that don’t need a sledge hammer. Most stressors draw on your magnesium stores and can cause them to become depleted. If magnesium is not replaced by your diet or with supplements, muscle tics, spasms and cramps like Charlie horses can result. They may not seem like a major problem unless you realize that the heart is one of the biggest muscles in the body.
The CDC reports that hypertension and use of blood pressure medications is on the rise in the US. Many people are stressed and are burning up their magnesium. What are you waiting for? While we encourage supplementation, we also ask you to get a $49.00 Magnesium RBC test to check your baseline levels. If your doctor won’t order it, go to Request-A-Test. When you get your results, remember that you want to be at least above 6mg/dL, even if the range of the lab is 4.2-6.8.
Tonight on our internet based radio show, we’ll be talking with Dr. Carolyn Dean about Hope for Hypertension along with a wide range of health topics and safe solutions. You will love hearing the beneficial interactions with our callers and hosts alike including the body/mind connection, identifying the ‘conflict’ in the ‘conflict basis’ of disease and much more!!
SO…be sure join us this evening for another wonderful, information packed broadcast. If you yourself are unable to make the show, you have the option to email me [Ginney] and have your question or comment included in our MailBag Segment that is featured in Hour Two. Remember, the valuable information, suggestions, and insights about your health choices can always be discussed with your doctor, should you choose to do so.
How to Participate in the Show:
1) If you have a question for Dr. Dean:
email your question prior to the show to email@example.com
2) If you’d like to speak directly to Dr. Dean during the show:
phone 602-666-6027 skype ar.call.in
3) You can listen to the live broadcast on your computer:
If you are unable to attend the live broadcast just our visit the archive
+ About Dr. Carolyn Dean
Carolyn Dean MD ND
<http://www.drcarolyndean.com> has been on AchieveRadio.com for five years
offering practical strategies to improve health, vitality, and well-being the
natural way. As a medical doctor, naturopath, certified clinical nutritionist
and master of many modalities including acupuncture and homeopathy, Carolyn
Dean MD ND has authored over 33 books and publications including The Magnesium
Miracle, 3rd Edition
ref=pd_sim_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=17MJVK6RS2YGXRP8X5NY> available exclusively