LISTEN TO THE ARCHIVE:
HOUR ONE – right click to download
HOUR TWO – right click to download
Have you or someone you love been advised to avoid iodine supplementation? Allopathetic doctors are most likely to make this recommendation followed by naturopathic doctors that don’t understand the role of iodine in the body.
The typical mistake with iodine supplementation is the shallow understanding that its only role is as a substrate for the formation of thyroid hormone. Not so. Every cell in the body needs iodine:
- Iodine is required to prevent an attack from the sea of microbes they are surrounded by. Our bodies are saturated by 10 times more germs than human cells and iodine functions like chlorine in a pool keeping germs at bay. For example, white blood cells cannot effectively guard against infection without adequate amounts of iodine.
- Iodine is responsible for the formation of the normal architecture of the glandular tissue, e.g. breast, thyroid, ovary, & prostate,
- Iodine is utilized in the management of insulin and is effective in lowering blood sugar.
- Elevates pH (Iodine is an alkalinizing agent)
- Iodine is necessary for the production of all the hormones of the body (adrenals, ovaries, testicles, etc.)testicles
Therefore, much more iodine is needed than just for thyroid hormone formation!
Iodine has tremendous therapeutic actions at the cellular level – iodine can act as an alkalinizing agent, an Antibacterial, an Antiparasitic, an Antifungal an Antiviral and a Detoxifying agent
If you have been advised to take iodine by a doctor or medical professional, then you’ll want to take iodine that is fully absorbed at the cellular level and in a balanced dose along with the other minerals it requires for beneficial interactions in the body.
Tonight on our internet based radio show, we’ll be talking with Dr. Carolyn Dean about Iodine – Proper Supplementation for Optimal Health along with a wide range of health topics and safe solutions. You will love hearing the beneficial interactions with our callers and hosts alike including the body/mind connection, identifying the ‘conflict’ in the ‘conflict basis’ of disease and much more!!