During this time of chaotic change, do you find yourself awake at night worrying about your job, bills, spouse, kids, parents, politics, the climate? You might describe this as your thoughts looping. You think the same thing over and over, and the more you think the thought, the worse you feel and the less you sleep. This is how the labyrinth of your mind builds stress and creates less than healthy conditions. For more information, click here for my webinar on working with this important aspect of health.
I have some resources that will help you release stress, work with conflict, and address the labyrinth of the mind. When you have balanced physically, then working on the connection between your thoughts/emotions and your health is the next step.
In my post, Sleeping with the Enemy, I list simple things you can do to clear your mind and emotions of conflict, worry, and stress. Here they are:
- When a major event affects your life, try to remember that “This too shall pass.”
- Stop watching the nightly news. Staying away from all news programs would serve you well.
- Don’t watch a rousing rerun of the TV series “24” before bed, your racing adrenaline will only keep you awake.
- Keep a diary where you write out what’s bothering you in your life. That simple action can keep things “off your mind.”
- Take magnesium before bedtime to relax your muscles and calm your mind.
- Read my Treating Coffee Addiction blog and use homeopathic coffee 12x if coffee is keeping you awake.
- Try to see the glass as half full; give praise for what you do have an try not to focus on what you think you don’t have and make use of the phrase “Not in my universe.”
- Remember that sleep medications were originally designated for short-term (2 weeks) use only. They never “cure” the underlying reason for insomnia.
I Want More Help
Here are some of my favorite tools to unwind the labyrinth of the mind:
In short, this is a discipline that looks at the underlying conflict that creates and maintains a disease condition. I will be doing a blog post later in the week on Total Biology.
Small Property Affirmation
AFFIRMATIONS: A Small Property – I was a small property ravaged by a storm. The fine weather has returned. The forest and the river have become calm. The house is vibrant and shines in the sun. And above all, the field is returning to its order, health and beauty. Thank you, my diseased/depleted organs, for I know you have done all this to save my whole being. And thanks to myself for doing my healing. Repeat this 10 times, 3X/day. To be repeated 10 times in the morning (before getting up), around lunch time for another 10 times; and 10 times at night (just before falling asleep) … To be repeated in a calm and relaxing atmosphere, in the darkness … To be verbalized with consciousness. Take the time to visualize and identify each symbol as clearly as possible. Write down any dreams that you remember!
GENERAL AFFIRMATION: I am filled with love and understanding.
STRATEGY: To break the links to past illness, listen to the “Time to Say Goodbye”
STRATEGY: The link breaker: Walnut – Bach Flower Remedy “I break all links that hinder my growth.” Dosage: 5-10 drops three times a day
There’s a great explanation of Placebo Power in the webinar. Think of placebos in allopathic medicine. Placebo Power is very similar.
Negating the Nocebo
Write my team at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for Module 49 of the Completement Health Now Program.
Theater of the Mind
Come up with a new story. Write one that you enjoy! Who would you be without your story? Who would you be with a new story that you enjoy more?
Walking Meditation and Prayer
Take your dog for a walk in Nature! Pray and meditate while you are walking in your garden or doing your household chores. Take a moment just to reconnect your awareness to your Higher Power.
I blogged about this in 2010. Click here for the entire post. In the meantime, here is the Ho-oponopono Prayer:
I love you
Please forgive me
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
This is a healing technique created by Gary Craig. It’s based on the principles of acupuncture and balances your physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual bodies. People often refer to this as tapping.
Representation of non-physical tools that are available to us all.
Dr. Carolyn Dean
Categories: Staying Healthy