Vitamin C is a wonderful nutrient for the entire family. Mom’s love it for adrenal health, dad’s love it for cardiovascular support, kids love it for the healthy development of red blood cells, bones, and tissues, and those elder parents and in-laws love it for daily immune support, and healthy skin.
On 07/20/20’s radio show, Dr. Carolyn Dean talks about the relationship between the body’s immune system and vitamin C.
Vitamin C and Immune System
Recently, Vitamin C has been on the frontline of virus-preventing strategies for all of your loved ones. By now, you’re probably already aware that Vitamin C keeps your immune system strong and prevents colds, but its powers don’t stop there.
Getting Vitaminc C From Food
Unless you live in a remote community, untouched by the problems of modern farming, it’s highly unlikely your local food supply will provide you with enough vitamin C. Even if you were to focus on eating foods with a high concentration of vitamin C, you would only end up denying yourself other nutrients or suffering indigestion (from overeating). And, if you try to get all your vitamin C from fruit, you may end up getting too much fructose-sugar in your diet.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- helps repair tissues, including skin, blood vessels, bones and teeth
- fights against heart disease and cancer with its high levels of antioxidants
- can accelerate wound healing and helps eliminate bruising – which is low grade scurvy
- improves vascular elasticity reducing blood pressure
- reduces the stickiness of blood platelets, making them less prone to forming clots
- can lower oxidized cholesterol levels: when Vitamin C levels are low, cholesterol becomes elevated; and when more vitamin C is consumed, cholesterol levels decline
- increases type I collagen synthesis – collagen is the vital protein scaffolding of our body
- helps reduce levels of lead, mercury and other heavy metals
- reduces histamine in the body — the hormone that triggers allergies and asthma attacks
About Dr. Carolyn Dean
Dr Carolyn Dean MD ND has been featured on national media for over 30 years offering practical strategies to improve health, vitality, and well-being the natural way. As a medical doctor, naturopath, certified clinical nutritionist and master of many modalities including acupuncture and homeopathy, Dr Carolyn Dean MD ND has authored over 33 books and 100 publications including The Magnesium Miracle, 3rd Edition, Hormone Balance, Future Health Now Encyclopedia and Heart Health.Please note that the information and opinions expressed on these broadcasts are not designed to constitute advice or recommendations as to any disease, ailment, or physical condition. You should not act or rely upon any information contained in these broadcasts without seeking the advice of your personal physician. If you have any questions about the information or opinions expressed during these broadcasts, please contact your doctor.
Disclosure: Dr. Dean does have a financial interest in the sale of all the Completement Formulas.